“Julia Pimsleur” OR “COMPANY”
This company understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Sites and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 12, below;] “Our Site” means this website and mdwmasterclass.com;
“EU Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and] “We/Us/Our” means juliapimsleur.com, mdwmasterclass.com, Julia Pimsleur, and Fortes Fortuna, LLC.
2. Information About Us
2.1 Our Sites are owned and operated by Julia Pimsleur.
2.2 We can be contacted at http://www.juliapimsleur.com/contact/
3. Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What Data Do We Collect?
4.2 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
4.3 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
4.4 financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
4.5 IP address (automatically collected);
4.6 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
4.7 operating system (automatically collected);
4.8 a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
5. How Do We Use Your Data?
5.1 All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 6, below.
5.2 We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
5.2.1 Providing and managing your Account;
5.2.2 Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
5.2.3 Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
5.2.4 Supplying Our products and services to you;
5.2.5 Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
5.2.6 Responding to communications from you;
5.2.7 Supplying you with email e.g. newsletters, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the email;)
5.2.8 Market research;
5.2.9 Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
5.3 In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
5.4 With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on Our products AND/OR services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
5.5 Advertisers whose content appears on Our Site may engage in what is known as “behavioural advertising” – advertising which is tailored to your preferences, based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies, as detailed below in section 12. You can control and limit your data used in this way by adjusting your web browser’s privacy settings. Please note that We do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your data in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on Our Site.
5.6 Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
a) you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
d) processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
e) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
f) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
6. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
6.1 We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it in accordance with the terms of our Data Retention Policy.
6.2 [Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
6.3 Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
6.4 The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we incorporate standard industry practices internally and with our services providers, which we believe is sufficient for the information involved, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Because we work with third-party businesses and vendors in various aspects of our business including operating this website, database management, website security, etc., we cannot guarantee the absolute security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. Any information that you provide to us via email should be treated with extra caution, as we cannot control the level of security available through email providers.
7. Do We Share Your Data?
7.1 We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
7.2 We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
7.3 In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
8. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
8.2 In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will however, be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
9. How Can You Control Your Data?
9.1 When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details.
9.2 You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in Canada: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
10. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
10.1 You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
10.3 You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section in 5 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 15, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
11. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details, using the contact details below in section 15.
13. Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
13.1 the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
13.2 the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
13.3 be informed of what data processing is taking place;
13.4 the right to restrict processing;
13.5 the right to data portability;
13.6 object to processing of your personal data;
13.7 rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section 14 below).
14. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
14.1 In the event that We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, You have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
14.2 The right described in section 14.1 does not apply in the following circumstances:
a) The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us;
b) The decision is authorised by law; or
c) You have given you explicit consent.
14.3 Where We use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
a) Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
b) Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
c) Technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
d) All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
15. Contacting Us
Privacy & Confidentiality Policy
We respect your privacy and must insist that you respect the privacy of fellow Program participants.
We respect your confidential and proprietary information ideas, plans and trade secrets (collectively, “Confidential Information”) and must insist that you respect the same rights of fellow Program participants and of the Company.
Thus, you agree:
- not to infringe any Program participant’s or the Company’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights;
- that any Confidential Information shared by Program participants or any representative of the Company is confidential and Proprietary, and belongs solely and exclusively to the Participant who discloses it or the Company;
- not to disclose such information to any other person or use it in any manner other than in discussion with other Program participants during Program sessions;
- that all materials and information provided to you by the Company are its confidential and proprietary intellectual property, belong solely and exclusively to the Company, and may only be used by you as authorized by the Company;
- the reproduction, distribution and sale of these materials by anyone but the Company is strictly prohibited;
- that if you violate or display any likelihood of violating any of your agreements contained in this paragraph, the Company and/or the other Program participant(s) will be entitled to injunctive relief to prohibit any such violations to protect against the harm of such violations.
While you are free to discuss your personal results from the Company’s programs and training, you must keep the experiences and statements, oral or written, of all other participants in the strictest of confidence.
- Program education and information is intended for a general audience and does not purport to be, nor should it be construed as, specific advice, therapy or counseling tailored to any individual.
- All materials, procedures, policies, and standards, all teaching manuals, all teaching aids, all supplements and the like that have been or will be made available by the Company, or any designated facilitators, or any other source, oral or written, are for personal use in or in conjunction with this training program only.
- Program content is for personal use only, and may not be sold, tape recorded, videotaped, shared, taught, given away, or otherwise divulged without the express written consent of the Company, or its designated agent.
- The information contained in program material is strictly for educational purposes. Therefore, if you wish to apply ideas contained in this material, you are taking full responsibility for your actions.
- There is no guarantee, express or implied, that you will earn any money using the techniques and ideas in these materials. Examples in these materials are not to be interpreted as a promise or guarantee of earnings. Earning potential is entirely dependent on the efforts and skills of the person applying all or part of the concepts, ideas and strategies contained in our course materials.
- The Company and its officers, directors and trainers disclaim any warranties (express or implied), of merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose. The Company shall in no event be held liable to any party for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental or other consequential damages arising directly or indirectly from any use of this material, which is provided “as is”, and without warranties.
- We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions that may appear in any program materials.
Right to Use Name & Likeness:
- I hereby authorize and grant to the Company, and its agents and assigns, an irrevocable license and permission to use my name, photograph, likeness, voice, testimonial and biographical material, in whole or in part, for publication or reproduction in any medium, including but not limited to television, radio, print media and the Internet, among others, for any purpose, including but not limited to public relations, education, advertising, marketing, training and research. My consent extends to such use without restriction or limitation as to time or geographic boundary.
- I hereby waive all rights I may have to any claims or demands for payment or royalties in connection with the use of any of such materials, regardless of the purpose of such use or publication, and regardless of whether a fee is charged or collected by the Company for any product and/or service in connection with such use and publication. I also waive any right to inspect, review or approve any photograph, recording, or other written material at any time, and waive the right to approve the use and medium of publication determined by the Company.
- I understand thatthe Company owns all rights in and to any such photograph, recording or testimonial, including any copyright and/or trademark relating to such use.
Release & Liability Waiver:
In consideration of and as part of my payment for the right to participate in the Company’s Programs, the undersigned, my heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns do hereby release, waive, acquit, discharge, indemnify, defend, hold harmless and forever discharge the Company and its subsidiaries, principals, directors, employees, agents, heirs, executors, administrators, successors, and assigns and any of the training instructors, guides, staff or students taking part in the training in any way as well as the venue where the Programs are being held (if applicable) and any of its owners, executives, agents, or staff (hereinafter “Releases”) of and from all actions, causes of action, contracts, claims, suits, costs, demands and damages of whatever nature or kind in law or in equity arising from my participation in the Programs.
The Company shall in no event be held liable to any party for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental or other consequential damages arising directly or indirectly from any use of the Company’s programs or materials, which are provided “as is”, and without warranties.
We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions that may appear in any program materials.
All disputes arising under or concerning this Agreement are to be submitted to binding arbitration in New York, New York.
Updated May 23, 2018.